Chipping Campden

We arrived in London this morning and made our way straight to Chipping Campden where we are staying for two nights. We're staying right in the center of this cute little town, the photo above is taken from our room's window. And below are pictures of our hotel and the view down the main street.
We were pretty sleepy after our travels, but also pretty hungry so the first thing we did was head to brunch. I ordered a jacket spud with beans and cheese and Tristan had eggs on toast. Good English comfort food. But I mistakenly ordered a green tea thinking surely the British will know how to make a good cup of green tea. Nope. I'll be sticking with boring old English Breakfast from now on.
Despite the taste, it was still enough caffeine to keep me awake long enough to get caught up on all the town gossip. Everyone was a local and everyone shared their thoughts rather loudly. I'm beginning to think some things haven't changed much since Jane Austen's days.
After a little nap we had some energy to walk around town a bit more. The honey colored limestone is just lovely.


You'll also be happy to know that we saw woolies as soon as we pulled into Chipping Campden. Tristan says I get to pick the one I want to walk with we me tomorrow.














Comments
Post a Comment